What Are Mobile Keywords?
Mobile Keywords are unique words that you create for your customers to text to join your SMS marketing program. They offer a quick and effective way to build your contact list, and allow your customers to opt-in to receive coupons, special event invites, or any other form of promotion for your business. Since your customers are willingly consenting to receive messages from you, they’ll be less likely to opt-out. For example, a coffee shop could create the keyword OCHOUSES. Their customers would opt in by texting OCHOUSES to the short code 96362.
Our Platform Unique Advantage
- • Our platform gives you a shared short code for FREE!
- • You can create multiple keywords. Our platform keeps track of who opted-in with which keyword, letting you sort customers by different campaigns.
- • Set an auto-response with expressions of thanks, or an instant coupon to entice customers to signup.
- • Our platform gives you instant, up-to-date analytics on how many opt-in you receive from your keywords, letting you track progress as it happens.
How to Promote Your Mobile Keywords
You need to make sure your keyword is widely visible. It will never be effective if no one sees it.
- • Print it onto collateral and place it around your store, especially at your cash register so people see it as they check out.
- • Make it so that it’s printed out on every receipt so they have it at home it they remember to sign up later.
- • If you have an email database, you can send it to them through that for a more direct approach.
- • Post it on your Facebook or Twitter feed or your website’s homepage.
- Learn More
More Ways to Promote Your Business With Mobile Keywords:
Other options you can also use for promoting your mobile keyword include: incentivizing customers by offering a coupon, which you can send automatically to your customers that opt-in. The more phone numbers you collect and add to your distribution list, the more effective your marketing campaigns will be.
How SMS Marketing Works: Promoting Your Business
Section 2: Promote Your Keyword
The next step is to let customers know how they can join your text marketing program, which you can do in a number of ways. Include it in flyers or at the end of your receipts. Display it around your shop or on your counter so customers can see the promotion and know how to opt-in using your mobile keyword and short code. Other ways of promoting include: posting on social media or local print ads.